8 Simple Rules for Fat Loss
Consistency equals results. While running a marathon will not make you lean
in one day, a consistent, a dedicated approach to fat loss will help you
reach your goals.
Unfortunately, Americans have been getting consistently worse with their
diets. The latest research from Tufts University shows that sugar-containing
drinks are now the main source of calories in the average American's diet
(Bermudez, O., et al. Abstract, Experimental Biology 2005).
This would have been unimaginable 50 years ago back when people were much
leaner on average.
On the other hand, there are many habits which have been shown to help
people get lean and stay lean more than other actions. Here are 8 Simple
Rules that will help you lose fat and get lean in conjunction with
1) Replace sugary beverages with Green Tea. That can reduce your energy intake
by several hundred calories per day
2) Eat at least one midday snack to decrease your risk of obesity by 39%.
3) Remember that a good snack is focused on lean protein and a high-fiber fruit
or vegetable. Nuts are also an option
4) Don't eat dinner as your biggest meal of the day. If you do, you increase
your risk of obesity by 6%. You should be eating several mini-meals all day
long so that you are not starving at dinner.
5) Don't wait more than 3 hours after waking up to eat breakfast or you
increase your risk of obesity by 43%
6) Don't eat more than a third of your meals in restaurants or you increase
your risk of obesity by 69%. It is too hard to control the food contents at
a restaurant. Pack your own meals and snacks as often as you can
7) Don't go to bed hungry (3 or more hours after your last meal or snack) or
you increase your risk of obesity by 101%. Again, think high-protein, high-
fiber mini-meals to keep hunger at bay and to control your energy levels
8) Don't eat breakfast away from home or you increase your risk of obesity by
137%. And don't skip breakfast or you increase your risk of obesity by 450%. This
is the most important time of day to start with a protein-based, high fiber
meal as it will set the tone for your blood sugar and energy levels for the
Keep on improving everyday.
About this Author
Craig Ballantyne is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist and writes for Men's Fitness, Maximum Fitness, Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Oxygen magazines. His trademarked Turbulence Training fat loss workouts have been featured multiple times in Mens Fitness and Maximum Fitness magazines, and have helped thousands of men and women around the world lose fat, gain muscle, and get lean in less than 45 minutes three times per week. For more information on the Turbulence Training workouts that will help you burn fat without long, slow cardio sessions or fancy equipment, visit www.TurbulenceTraining.com