10 At-Home Fat Burning Workouts
By Craig Ballantyne. If you want to get back in shape fast, then you need short, burst workouts that you can do at home - so you don't miss a workout on your busy schedule.
Fortunately, you can get great workouts even if you only have 15 minutes to exercise at home a few days per week.
That's the great news about short, burst workouts...a little bit of effort now has been proven by scientists to be just as effective - and even better - for fat loss and fitness results.
Here are just a few at-home workout ideas to get you started:
1. Use the first superset of your favorite Turbulence Training workout and do as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes. Why? Because the first superset always contains the most effective exercises.
2. "30 seconds on, 30 seconds off" doing kettlebell swings
4. Kettlebell Exercises Paired With TRX Exercises (although this involves owning a LOT of equipment and having a lot of space)
5. TT Bodyweight Cardio Workouts (that don't require any equipment at all)
6. Intervals supersetted with ab exercises like planks or side planks (which are made harder by the high breathing rate)
7. Bodyweight Challenges - Like the Bodyweight Cardio 1000 (Challenge type workouts get you hooked on exercise and prevent you from skipping workouts)
8. DB-BW Fusion Workouts - Pair a dumbbell exercise and bodyweight exercise together in a superset and go back and forth as many times as possible in 10 minutes.
9. Hybrid Triset Workouts - 3 exercises performed in a tri-set, using one dumbbell exercise, one bodyweight exercise, and one kettle bell or stability ball exercise. Requires just a little equipment, but work great!
10. Adrenaline Circuits - Combining bodyweight exercises and short, burst adrenaline style interval training methods. (Adrenaline intervals are covered in the 31 Interval Workouts manual.)
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS